Does this book interest you in anyway? Do you think this type of book would convince you to try it?

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Blog #1 initial reaction

This book keeps drawing me in more and more every time I read it. Its getting harder and harder to put the book down. The book is not written like any other book, it is writtin in verse almost like a bunch of poems, but better.

This book is about a teenage girl who lives with her mom step dad sister and brother. Kristina is the middle child and she does well in school not straight A's but she knows her stuff. Her mom wants to write a book and her step dad over works. Older sister is a lesbian and her little brother is a spoiled little kid. She decides to go visit her dad for three weeks in Albuquerque over the summer holidays. While visiting her dad she meets a boy named Adam (aka buddy) and she ends up falling for him and he gets her to try weed and coke and gets her into ciggaretts.

When Kirstina returned she returned home she brought someone with her, a person on the inside she called Bree. Bree was the one that wanted the ciggaretts, weed, the coke. Bree is the one that wanted to do all the drugs and hit on the cute boys, she wasn't affraid to do anything. Bree is the one causing all the problem's with Kristina's life.

If you went away to visit a family member doesnt have to be your dad and you met a cute boy or girl that was mixed up in drugs would you get hooked on the stuff yourself just to get closer to them???? Do you think what she did was a good idea or a bad idea????

6 comments:

  1. I wouldnt even be interested in someone who is a coke head and all their friends are mixed up in the same things. What she did was a bad idea because she will fall in the same hole as Bree and her friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not change myself to get someone to notice me. I wouldnt like or be interested in someone that is into drugs, i would try to stay away from them if they are bad influences. I think that it was a bad choice for kristina to change and get into drugs just for someone to like her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I was to go away to visit a family member and met a cute guy who was mixed up in drugs, I wouldn't get hooked on drugs just to get closer to him. I think that her choice was a bad idea because she put her life at risk and on the wrong track due to a guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I met somebody like that then I wouldnt pay any attention to them, if hes cute of not.I think that once he started pressuring her to go the drugs then she should have gone away and forgotten about him because hes obviously a bad influence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I ever met a cute guy while I went to go visit a family member, I think I would want to talk to him and find out what he's all about. Once I knew that he was mixed up into drugs that would be my first cue to stop talking to him immediately, Drugs is something that you don't want to start, and definitly not because of a boy you think is cute, personally I don't think people like that are worth anyones time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I was away from home and met a cute guy, then I'd start chatting with him. Once I found out he was into drugs and stupid things like that, then I would totally restrict the times I hung out with him. If he was an interesting person (without the drugs) then I'd tell him I'd only hang out with him when he wasn't high. Maybe he'd then realize that I'm way more fun to hang out with than his druggie friends! :)

    ReplyDelete